The perfect way to eat your vegetables and fruit would be to consume it in the form of a dessert. Smoothie gives all the nutrition and health benefits with a heavenly taste. With the combination of the right fruits, it can do wonders for your health and taste buds.
If you are looking to lose weight, then starting your day off with a glass of smoothie is the perfect way to go. Firstly, we need to understand the importance of smoothie and its types. We have also provided the best recipe of papaya and plantain smoothie, which is known as the fat burning smoothie.
In this, papaya tastes like heaven and plantain tastes like the cherry on the cake, which is also well-known as banana in many nations.
Different Types of Smoothies
- Fruit smoothies: These are the smoothies made entirely of fruit and are known to have the highest amount of vitamins and minerals in them.
- Green smoothies: They are made of typically green vegetables and are essential for energy and fiber growth.
- Dessert smoothies: They contain fat and added sugar in the form of ice creams and syrup and taste almost identical to shakes.
Importance of smoothies
Vitamins and minerals: Smoothies are highly rich in vitamins and minerals, and there are six categories of fruits enriched in these – citrus, berries, pomes, drupes, tropical and melons.
- Citrus fruits have a high amount of vitamin C which will strengthen your immune system and build a stronger framework of your body. Fruits rich in citrus are oranges, tangerines, lemon,
- The berry category act as antioxidants which decreases inflammation around your joints. You can add blueberries, strawberries, cranberries, grapes, in your smoothie
- Tropical fruits such papaya, kiwi, coconut mangoes, bananas are rich in potassium and manganese which makes your bones stronger, thyroid gland healthy and controls your blood sugar.
- Drupe fruits such as apricots, peaches, plums and cherries strengthen your immune system and also aids for a stronger vision.
- Melons contain a very high amount of vitamin C, and you can add watermelon, honeydew, cantaloupe, to your smoothie for the perfect taste and vitamins.
Fiber: Consuming 0.88oz of fiber for women and 1.235oz for men every day is very essential to keep the body healthy and functioning. A single serving of fruit contains 0.07oz to 0.141oz of fiber which will help you reach the target of recommended fiber intake very easily.
Energy: Including a smoothie in your morning breakfast can give you instant energy which can last throughout the day.
Reduce cravings: Consuming a smoothie every day will keep your stomach full and reduce cravings for sweets and other unhealthy food. This is will ultimately help you to reduce weight.
Plantain is a type of banana which contains a high level of starch with very little sugar. This is the reason that when it is combined with papaya, it can give you maximum results for weight loss.
- ¾ cup of kefir
- 1 cup of papaya which should be peeled and diced
- 1 banana
- 1 of honey
- ¼ cup of ice cubes
- 1 of fresh lime juice
- Lime zest
- Add all of the ingredients mentioned above to a blender and run it till they are smooth.
- Make sure that the fruits are blended properly so that there are no lumps left.
- You can add kefir to reach that consistency.
- Pour it into a jar, and this health jar drink is ready to serve.
This smoothie takes only 10 minutes to prepare and can serve up to 2 people.
It very easy to make this smoothie; it can give you an extra boost for your hectic day. Papaya and banana, when combined, serve the main purpose of weight loss as it helps to burn your fat at a very high speed and can leave you with your desired body in no time.
Major Benefits of Papaya and Plantain Smoothie
There are other benefits of papaya and banana smoothie, which are:
- Both banana and papaya are enriched in dietary fiber can make you feel fuller for a longer period. This will improve the health of your stomach and also prevent you from overeating.
- Bananas have a high supply of potassium, which controls the sodium levels in the body and gives you the extra energy to start your day. They also reduce the risk of heart diseases and lower your blood sugar.
- Papaya has antioxidant properties which reduce the risk of heart diseases and also reduces your cholesterol level which makes it the ultimate fruit to help you lose weight. It also reduces the risk of stomach and prostate cancers.
- They are highly rich in vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin K and vitamin E. They strengthen the immune system and also possess a powerful antioxidant.
- They are also rich in a different type of vitamin which is vitamin B6 which can lower the risk of type II diabetes by controlling the blood sugar levels in your body. They can also reduce the risk of anemia by increasing the red blood cells in the body.